Spring is an amazing time of year. Cabin fever is running high, and people just can’t wait to get outside. Here is a list of my favorite outdoor activities to experience this spring.
10. South Dakota Events: While not all spring events are centered around the great outdoors, there are many that bring visitors outside to experience history, culture and great South Dakota hospitality.
9. State Parks: Beautiful, scerene, peaceful. Need I say more?
Parks and Recreation Areas
8. Golf: While snow continues to blanket much of the state, our golf courses are just itching to open up. Don’t forget the clubs on your next trip to South Dakota.
Golf Course Guide
7. Hunting: Spring geese and turkeys are ubundant in South Dakota. Great time to enjoy the outdoors.
6. Paddling: Pristine lakes and powerful rivers await canoeing/kayaking enthusiasts in South Dakota.
Canoeing/Kayaking in South Dakota
5. Birding/Wildlife Watching: This is a fun activity for the novice or experience wildlife watcher. Amazing opportunties and unbelievable wildlife await!
4. Outdoor Photography: Again, for photographers of all experience levels. This makes for a great day outside, and can be coupled with other activities.
3. Hiking: Whether you take on the challenge of the Badlands or Black Elk Wilderness Area, or just venture out into the many state parks, hiking can be as educational as it is healthy.
Hiking the State Parks
Biking in South Dakota
1. Fishing: I love to fish! Since the season never closes in South Dakota, it’s always fun to enjoy open water fishing after ice out. Trout, walleye, bass, northern, salmon, catfish, the list goes on and on.